Sohodojo logo
  Sohodojo Forums
  Sound-off
  To Thomas Malone and friends on the Dawn of the E-lance Economy...

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   To Thomas Malone and friends on the Dawn of the E-lance Economy...
Jim_Salmons
Black belt
posted 11-05-1999 05:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Salmons   Click Here to Email Jim_Salmons     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey folks! Jim and Timlynn, your hosts at sohodojo, are heading to Cambridge to attend the the Inventing the Organizations of the 21st Century Conference at MIT.

We hope to open a dialog with Thomas Malone, Rober Laubacher, Michael Scott Morton and many other world-class researchers engaged in identifying and stimulating the emergence of new business organization models.

As members of the sohodojo nanocorp and small business revolutionaries community, your opinion matters and we want to help you be heard.

What messages would you like us to take to Dr. Malone and associates on your behalf?

[This message has been edited by Jim_Salmons (edited 05 November 1999).]

Jack Ring
White belt
posted 11-09-1999 02:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Ring   Click Here to Email Jack Ring     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
What is the best way to allocate revenues gained from a customer who has been served by a multi-nanocorp project?

Pierre Fortin
White belt
posted 11-09-1999 02:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pierre Fortin   Click Here to Email Pierre Fortin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have an idea for a potentially very profitable nanocorp. It would get
off the ground much more quickly with a swarming; but my problems are:

• How to engage others without losing control of the idea?
  • How to distribute the spoils?
  • How to share the spoils with the OSS community, without whose efforts my idea would suffer the same fate as The Man's attempts.
  • Or, am I still carrying The Man's baggage into the nanocorp world...?

Pierre's questions were extracted from a recent Rants and Raves newsletter readers' poll and posted by Jim.

I've been thinking about the issue of contracts after some very unpleasant discoveries trying to deal with NC standard Real Estate boiler-plate contracts. The biggest problem that sector faces that while the boiler-plates look quite solid, it is the total lack of guidelines in filling in the blanks which destroy their value.

For example, check out how different agents fill in the "Buyer's Agreement"... We've had agents present us with at least the following "versions":

• agent gets commission if we buy anything in 3 counties during the next YEAR; even FSBO
  • 1 county for 180 days
  • refusal to show us any property unless we signed this agreement which would bind us to pay for any deal
  • one property for 180 days; we feel this one was the intent

The point: boiler plate contracts are not the answer, unless they are constantly improved in open source fashion when \[attempted\] misuse/abuse is discovered.

[This message has been edited by Pierre Fortin (edited 10 November 1999).]

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | The sohodojo home page

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45b