An Applied R&D Lab Serving Solo and Family-based Entrepreneurs in Rural and Distressed Urban Communities
The Nanocorp Primer #4
Shamrocks and Nanocorps
Bridging the Digital Divide with 'Small is Good' Business Webs
Read, Think, Join...
In your inclined but not convinced that you are needed as a member of the 'Small is Good Business Revolution', we encourage you to read some more, think, read some more, reflect and when you are ready... get involved! Revolution's are not won by those sitting on the sidelines watching... You are welcome to find a place among us...
To help you see the new day dawning, check out any or all of the following:
- 'The Nanocorp Primer #1 - On Being Ruthlessly Small...' lays out the underlying dynamics of the 'Other Side' of Capitalism where nanocorps and their 'Small is Good' Business Webs contribute to the global New/Network Economy
- 'The Nanocorp Primer #5 - Nanocorps in the Dream Society' explores emerging marketplace dynamics that will tilt the playing field toward story-driven, game-oriented 'Small is Good' Business Webs
- 'The Yin-Yang of e-Commerce Engines' deconstructs Taspcott, Ticoll and Lowy's Business Web taxonomy to distinguish the systemic differences between 'Big is Good' and 'Small is Good' Agora Business Webs and derives the functional requirements for the story-driven, game-oriented e-commerce engine that will power 'Small is Good' Business Webs
- Tapscott, Ticoll and Lowy's 'Digital Capital: Harnessing the Power of Business Webs' is full of valuable insights and practical information about the various types of business webs which are helping to shape a new landscape for business in the 21st Century.
- The Taxman86 Speaks Newsletter Archive is Sohodojo Advisory Board member Jim Schneider's valuable resource for tax-savvy and business development insights within the U.S. Enterprise Communities and Empowerment Zones.
- HUD's EZ/EC Initiative web site is the definitive government on-line resource for information about Federal programs to encourage rural and urban economic development. To learn more about our grassroot attempt to affect EZ/EC legislation, check out our EZEC home page.
- Jeremy Rifkin's 'The Age of Access' is so full of must-understand insights into the dynamics of what he calls hypercapitalism that you will be 'conceptually challenged' until you read it.
- Saving the best for last, you must glue yourself to your chair until you have read at least three of Charles Handy's most recent books among them, 'The Age of Unreason', 'The Age of Paradox' and 'The Hungry Spirit'. If we could, we would love to reverse-adopt Charles Handy as our archetypical, all-knowing, benevolent grandfather! There would be no better knee to sit upon to learn the ways of the New World dawning.
Shamrocks and Nanocorps: Sometimes the BIG solutions come in the small packages...
- Start reading (see above)
- Start thinking and imagining how you fit in.
- Above all, start to make it real... Together we can help bridge the Digital Divide!
Join the 'Small is Good Business Revolution'. Enlist with an e-mail to Contact Us! It's that easy.
[ Support Sohodojo ]
[ Translate page ]
[ Search site ]